14 Healthy Days of Valentines

Let me start off by saying..

If you are my husband, do not read this post! You will ruin your surprises!

Ok, now that that's out of the way, let's get on with this post!

We are trying to be a bit healthier in our household, so when Valentine's Day comes around, we try to avoid the overpriced and often buttery restaurant meals and sugary chocolates and sweets by not celebrating the holiday. Well, now that we have a daughter, we need to start showing some love to the holiday. {pun intended}
Managing A Home | Healthy Valentine's Day Options - no sweets needed. Keep your New Year's Resolutions
I saw some crazy cute printables for significant others on Pinterest and on linky parties, but most of them included ideas for sugary and processed items that we are trying to avoid. So the search continued.

Then, I found these bad boys. They are super cute and offer healthy alternatives for daily gifts. 
Managing A Home | Healthy Valentine's Day Options - no sweets needed. Keep your New Year's Resolutions    Managing A Home | Healthy Valentine's Day Options - no sweets needed. Keep your New Year's Resolutions

I went to the original site and only one of these were available to be clicked on and printed, so I decided to make them printable for you. Just click on the images above {each image has it's own link} to download and print for yourself.

I know, I know..there are only 12. For the other two days I plan on using these ideas:

I love this option with some much needed lip balm attached. We love Burt's Bees Lip Balm in our house. Head over to Five Little Chefs and print your own.
Managing A Home | Healthy Valentine's Day Options - no sweets needed. Keep your New Year's Resolutions


And for the final day/night February 14, I am going with this one found at Lou Lou Girls. {But instead of soda, I will get a mix and match 6 pack of beer for him}. I realize this isn't the "healthiest" option, but it's better than chocolate!
The Lou Lou Girls also have a toothbrush option in this post, which I thought about because my hubby wants a toothbrush at work. I was torn between that and the lip balm above. But chapstick won out.
Managing A Home | Healthy Valentine's Day Options - no sweets needed. Keep your New Year's Resolutions

There are so many other non-candy, non-sweet options. This will also help us all keep any weight loss New Year's Resolutions.

For more Valentine's Day inspiration, follow my Valentine's Day Pinterest board.

Have a healthy Valentine's Day!
You may also like:

14 comments

  1. Thank you so much! I really appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are adorable! And as a nutritionist, I thank you for the focus on healthier alternatives. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem. We really are trying to curb our sweets - and I love alternatives to candy!

      Delete
  3. First of all, I laughed out loud when I read your post since my husband was instructed not to visit my blog this week or his 14 Day of Valentines would not happen. Ha! I love that you have these for a healthier option. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You forgot
      "You are the APPLE of my eyes!"

      Delete
    2. YOU ARE SO RIGHT! I am adding that one in as a bonus one day maybe. Thanks for that one!

      Delete
    3. Christie - my husband subscribed - so it goes to his phone for email...I told him to just not look at any Valentines stuff :)

      Delete
  4. That's awesome you linked to my "You're The Balm" printable! I absolutely love your healthy printables. My kids would love to see that in school lunches...well most of them. :) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are adorable! Great ideas for parents, too, who want to do something special, but not put candy in lunches every day. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness, I absolutely love these ideas! The love potions are something my boyfriend and I have been wanting to do. I'll definitely be using some of these ideas! Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are super cute. I especially love the pear valentine. Why didn't I think of that. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the healthy spin you are taking for Valentine's Day. I don't have kids, but still want my husband and I to be healthier -- great ideas! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL...this is so cute and I love all of the things you found!
    Jess @liverandomlysimple

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love those veggie ones - printed them last night to go in my husband's lunchbox.

    ReplyDelete

© Managing A Home. Design by MangoBlogs.